CNC Machining Plastics Trump Moulded PlasticsDecember 11th, 2014
We’re perhaps being ingenuous regarding the capabilities of injection moulding. The method has many merits, not leastwise the ability to create a part with repeatability, thus designating the machinery as being ideal for bulk orders. Still, the addition of a CNC machining station within such a facility, or even a satellite department in another location, adds dimension to the work cycle. Instead of mindlessly baking and making parts, the company has the wherewithal to adapt the part, to model it as a prototype on a computer simulation program and continue this process until the part is finalized. At this point, the part moves onward to the bulk stage, that of injection moulding.
Subtractive CNC prototyping includes the following benefits
• Subtractive process uses single blocks of plastic
• Bypasses issues such as feed defects and fluid freezes
• No expensive mould to construct
• Adaptable by altering tool paths
• Faster turnaround time for greater productivity, especially in smaller projects
These two techniques are both well-defined factory options, and they’re not in competition with each other. They both have their place. As one would suspect, CNC tooling creates far more precise parts, components that meet or exceed dimensional constraints, but this model of operation isn’t geared toward mass production. On the other hand, material provision for an injection moulding operation is an all-in-one technique, a series of stages that goes from the introduction of resins and melted plastics to the pressurized introduction of the material into a mould. There are many variable to be aware of in the technique, but once all wrinkles have been worked out, the machinery can run for days-on-end. In the long run, choose CNC machining for unequalled production of limited runs and superior design versatility.
Get in touch with Industrial Plastic Solutions
Phone: (03) 9798 1153
Fax No: (03) 9798 1915
Address: Factory-20, 29-39 Kirkham Road West, Keysborough VIC-3173
Monday – Thursday 8.30am to 4.30pm
Friday 8.30am to 3.30pm
Saturdays by appointment only.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- CNC Routing Dandenong
- Acrylic Display Cabinets
- Perspex Light Diffusers
- Perspex Sheets
- Nylon uses & properties
- Polycarbonate Machine Guards for safety
- What are Acrylic Displays?
- Teflon Sheet & its Applications
- What is plastic fabrication?
- Engraved Trophies
- Machined Plastic Bushes in Melbourne
- Acrylic Display Solutions for Shops
- The Applications and Characteristics of HDPE
- Plastic Welding Services in Melbourne
- 5 Reasons to Love Polycarbonate